While APEX has been the leading fastener drive tools company in the world for the last 80 years, we are also the global leader in creating customized solutions to solve our customers’ critical problems. For over 80 years, APEX has partnered with leading manufacturers to understand, design, and deliver custom bits, bit holders, impact sockets, extensions, and universal wrenches that meet or exceed their unique needs.
APEX Custom Solutions Advantage
- Fast quote turnaround
- Innovative engineering
- Advanced manufacturing
- Global presence
All APEX custom solutions feature precision engineering to meet the tolerances of today’s most demanding industries, and durable construction that delivers performance and productivity shift after shift, day after day. Some of our current offerings include:
- Grease fitting sockets — Our grease fitting sockets come in straight, angled, and deep and shallow broach depth configurations. 3/8, 5/16 and 7/16 hex sizes are available.
- Tap holding sockets — A tap holding socket is the easiest and most secure way of using a power tool as a tap drill. Tap holding sockets come in metric male hex drive, SAE male hex drive and SAE female square drive configurations.
- Socket adapters — When you need to quickly and economically switch between fasteners of several different nut sizes, using an adapter is a great way to avoid carrying excess tools with you. APEX offers socket and ratchet wrench adapters in numerous sizes. We also manufacture universal wrench adapters, extensions and more.
- Plunger style sockets – For retaining non-ferrous fasteners where magnets will not work
- Collapsible sockets - For automated applications where the driver cannot travel with the fastener as the fastener is run down
- Slotted Electric Harness sockets - For applications where external wiring or other protrusions cannot be contained in a standard socket
- Double-ended bits - For applications where two different size or style bits are required at one assembly station
- Electrically Isolated Nutsetter – A nutsetter where the electric current flow through the drive tool is cut off, leading to accurate torque reading and increased operator safety
Specialized Products, Exceptional Quality
When you purchase an APEX custom designed product, you are buying a product that has been designed from the ground up to deliver exceptional performance and an exact, sure fit. Average hex tolerances of an APEX socket are 35% tighter than ANSI specifications. For applications in the aviation, automotive and defense industries, these tighter tolerances translate to more reliable performance and an overall higher quality of product.
Go ahead and put the dedicated APEX Custom Solutions Team to the test. Let a knowledgeable APEX representative match you with the right tool for the job.